What We Believe
- The Bible is the world’s best-selling book of all time. We believe it is the Word of God. It is total truth and provides us with principles for every area of life.
- We believe in One True God. We believe He is alive and wants to have a personal relationship with us. He co-exists in three Persons - Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus is the Son of God. He was born of a virgin and lived a sinless life. While He lived on earth He performed supernatural miracles. He died to take away the sins of the world. He was crucified on a cross, buried in a tomb, was resurrected from the dead and He ascended into heaven. We believe He will return to earth a second time in the future.
- We believe man has sinned against God. Adam and Eve were the first humans and were created pure but wilfully broke God's laws. As a result all of us have sinned and need forgiveness.
- We believe there is salvation only through faith in Jesus Christ. He died on the cross that our sins may be forgiven. He was buried and after three days He was raised from the dead. Sin and death could not defeat Him.
- We believe you must be born again to go to heaven. When you put your trust in Jesus and believe in what He did for you, the Holy Spirit changes you on the inside.
- We believe in water baptism, not by sprinkling water on your head but by being fully immersed in water. In this way we follow Jesus' example.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit baptism. The evidence of the Holy Spirit baptism is the supernatural ability to speak in tongues - a language we have not learned or have known.
- We believe the Holy Spirit gives us special gifts. He empowers us and gives us the ability to do what Jesus did here on earth.
- We believe we should live holy lives. Through obedience to the principles and teachings in the Bible we can live lives that please God.
- We believe in supernatural healing. We pray for the sick because we believe God still works miracles today.
- We believe that everyone who has become a Christian should remember Him by regularly participating in communion.
- We believe in eternal life and judgement. Those who have committed their lives to following Jesus will spend eternity with Him in heaven. However those who have not will be punished for their sins.
GODS WORD : The Bible is our primary source for teaching, training and discipleship.
HOLY SPIRIT: We need and place a high value on the empowering of the Holy Spirit.
PRAYER: Is the engine room of our lives and our Church.
WORSHIP: Our daily devotion and worship to God is celebrated in our corporate focus on praise and worship.
EVANGELISM: We endeavour to reach out with the Good News of Jesus Christ in every possible way.
MISSIONS: We seek to obey the mandate given by Jesus to ‘Go into the whole world and make disciples’. We are committed to supporting mission at home and abroad.
COMMUNITY: We want this to be a ‘Family Home’ full of love for one another. A place of growing maturity.
LEADERSHIP: We are committed to vision led leadership and to leadership development at all levels.
RELEVANCE: We are a contemporary church which welcomes people of all ages from all backgrounds and nationalities,
CHILDREN/YOUTH: We provide a place and community where young people can feel safe and where they can grow and mature in the ways of God.
NETWORKING: We know we are only a part of the larger family of God and place great importance on our relationship with other Christian Churches and our membership of the Assemblies of God.
EXCELLENCE: We believe in doing our very best for God in the knowledge that excellence honours God and inspires people.
GENEROUS GIVING: We understand the need to be generous with our abilities, attitudes, time and finances. We believe in the bringing of tithes and offerings to the Church for the advancement of the kingdom of God.
CHARACTER: We seek to live lives of purity, integrity and accountability as we intentionally pursue Spiritual maturity.